- Title: Belize coastal flood hazard categories
Categories of coastal flood hazard extent due to storm surge. Categories based on hurricane intensity categories (1-5). No data value 255.
- Publication Date: May 18, 2016, 3:59 p.m.
- Type: Raster Data
- Keywords: flood hazard coastal
- Category: Environment
- Regions: Belize
- Owner: belize
- Point of Contact: belize
- Edition: 1
Flood risk planning
- Language: English
- Data Quality: This flood hazard information is indicative and is intended for guidance only. It cannot be used to provide details for individual properties or engineering design. The flood extent hazard boundaries shown are generated using a national scale hydraulic model of the river network and surrounding topography. Major limitations exist at a local scale due to the coarse resolution (~90 m) and noise error of the current “best” digital elevation data available (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission). The elevation data has been corrected for vegetation and urban areas, but at a resolution of ~250 m, resulting in some residual artefacts which affect the quality of the results. This hazard data represents the current best available output given these data constraints.
- Supplemental Information:
- Spatial Representation Type: grid data is used to represent geographic data