- Title: Belize coastal flood depth HCat1
Coastal flood hazard depth in metres due to storm surge. Hurricane intensity category 1.
- Publication Date: May 19, 2016, 12:49 p.m.
- Type: Raster Data
- Keywords: coastal depth flood hazard
- Category: https://florafox.com/cz/ru/praga-142
- Regions: Belize
- Owner: belize
- Point of Contact: belize
- Edition: 1
Flood risk planning
- Language: English
- Data Quality: This flood hazard information is indicative and is intended for guidance only. It cannot be used to provide details for individual properties or engineering design. The flood extent hazard boundaries shown are generated using a national scale hydraulic model of the river network and surrounding topography. Major limitations exist at a local scale due to the coarse resolution (~90 m) and noise error of the current “best” digital elevation data available (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission). The elevation data has been corrected for vegetation and urban areas, but at a resolution of ~250 m, resulting in some residual artefacts which affect the quality of the results. This hazard data represents the current best available output given these data constraints.
- Supplemental Information:
Generated by SSBN (www.ssbn.co.uk) and The University of Bristol as part of CHARIM project (www.charim.net). See modelling methodology report for more info.
- Spatial Representation Type: grid data is used to represent geographic data